Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
This is one of my favorite recipes to use when I'm baking cookies.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed or mix with a spoon until well blended. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips and/or nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.